Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Getting Lippy With E.L.F - Part Two


As promised at the beginning of my first 'Getting Lippy With Elf' post, here is a post dedicated to E.L.F's lip glossy-type products, which I couldn't talk about before because it would have made the post way too long.

Unlike with E.L.F's lipsticks, I find that it's a bit hit and miss with E.L.F's lip glosses, and sometimes I like them but sometimes I don't.

So, here is my mini-review of the E.L.F lip gloss products that I've tried.


E.L.F Mineral Lip Gloss

E.L.F Mineral Lip Gloss - (Left - Right) * 'Pageant Princess' * 'Au Naturale' * 
E.L.F Mineral Lip Gloss - (Top - Bottom) * 'Pageant Princess' * 'Au Naturale' * 

I love the packaging of these lip glosses, they really remind me of MAC's packaging.
However, the colour pay off isn't that good because they're quite sheer and, to be honest, both colours above look pretty much the same on my lips.
Although, they do go on really nicely and stay put longer than some of the other glosses that I own.
In my opinion, these glosses would suit someone who wants to add a subtle sheen to their lips, not someone who is after a more dramatic look.

E.L.F Luscious Liquid Lipstick

E.L.F Luscious Liquid Lipstick - (Left - Right) * 'Perfect Pink' * 'Cherry Tarts' *
E.L.F Luscious Liquid Lipstick - (Top - Bottom) * 'Perfect Pink' * 'Cherry Tarts' *

Although I disagree that these are anything other than lip glosses, I really like them.
I really like 'Cherry Tarts' because the colour pay off is good, it smells minty, it has a really glossy finish and it's not too sticky.
The only difference between the two glosses above is that the colour pay off of 'Perfect Pink' isn't as good as 'Cherry Tarts', which is a bit of a bummer.
I do find these glosses to be a little thick, and they do feel a little heavy on my lips, but you can't really go wrong for £1.50!!

E.L.F Plumping Lip Glaze

E.L.F Plumping Lip Glaze in 'Mocha Ice'
E.L.F Plumping Lip Glaze - (Top - Bottom) * Colour * Plumping Lip Glaze + Tinted Colour * Plumping Lip Glaze *

I'm not too keen on lip plumpers because I don't really like how they feel on my lips.
However, I do like this one by E.L.F because it's bearable borderline pleasant - I know, I'm weird!!
I wasn't too keen on the colour when I first got it, but it has kind of grown on me now. 
What I like about this lip product is that the colour pay off is great, it isn't thick or sticky, it doesn't feel totally unpleasant on the lips and it smells minty but the smell is quite subtle.

E.L.F Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15

E.L.F Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - (Left - Right) * 'Goddess' * U/K *
E.L.F Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - (Top - Bottom) * 'Goddess' * U/K *

I'm not a massive fan of these because I don't like how they go onto my lips, the packaging sucks and I just think they're a little thick.
They don't look so bad if I rub them onto my lips with my finger, but I don't always want to get my hands dirty applying it.
However, they do feel quite light on the lips, which I like, and they only have a subtle flavour - a bonus for someone like me who often licks lip gloss that tastes delicious off my lips - I blame my diet!!

E.L.F Studio Glossy Gloss

E.L.F Studio Glossy Gloss in 'Berry Blush'

I'm not a massive fan of this lip product either.
I like the colour and I love the packaging, but I don't like the applicator one bit!!
The applicator, I feel, makes it difficult to apply this gloss evenly onto the lips, which means you need to even it out with either your finger or a lip brush - so not convenient.
I was quite disappointed with this lip gloss and I hardly use it anymore.

E.L.F Hypershine Lip Gloss

E.L.F Hypershine Lip Gloss - (Left - Right) * 'Bubblegum' * 'Flirt' *
E.L.F Hypershine Lip Gloss - (Top - Bottom) * 'Bubblegum' * 'Flirt' *

I find that it's hit and miss with these lip glosses.
I loveee 'Flirt', but I can't seem to get on with 'Bubblegum' because it goes on streaky and unevenly.
'Flirt' goes onto my lips really nicely, giving them just a hint of colour and moisturising them at the same time.
Plus, they've got a delicious minty taste, which I absolutely love.

* * *

Have your tried any lip glosses from E.L.F?
Which ones do you like and/or dislike?

Priya..x

11 comments:

  1. I have tried the luscious liquid lipstick, the plumping lip glaze, the super glossy lip shine and the hypershine lip gloss. My favorites are the luscious liquid lipsticks and the super glossy lip shines. As for the colors, Mauve Luxe for the super glossy and Ruby Slipper for the luscious liquid. They're basically the same color and the website doesn't do them justice!

    http://missbeautyholic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I might try Mauve Luxe the next time I order something from E.L.F!! Thanks for the tip :) x

      Delete
  2. I am yet to try the E.L.F make up products, but i have heard great reviews. Have looked on there website as well as signed up there newsletter so buying stuff it probably a future possibility. They looks great, lovely colours and really girly. They currently have a offer to get a free bag on orders over £10.00 which is great.

    http://sparkledust-beautyuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww make sure you Google swatches before you buy anything because the website isn't the best when it comes to swatches and stuff. Yeah, I love that they've always got offers on.. I especially love free shipping codes!! x

      Delete
  3. love the shade of the glossy gloss! i have ballet slippers but want berry blush now:D xx

    www.themake-upcounter.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww it is gorgeous.. Just a little fiddly!! x

      Delete
  4. Eeeek another ELF lover!Checked out your previous post too and I've noted some lip products down for a future order ;) Great blog Priya with some fab quality photos! :)

    mezmadeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love ELF!! Aww I can't wait to read all about it on your blog, which I'm checking out as we speak.

      Thanks so much for checking out my blog.. It's so nice to hear that you like it!! :) x

      Delete
  5. Many celebrities are actually fascinated with the
    retro looks of for the reason that, as an illustration, Oprah, Paris Hilton, Pamela Anderson
    and Kate Hudson etc. People of every class and level can readily get these
    because their price is of every range. Delicately wipe it
    by using a damp material, is not going to brush it fiercely that
    carries a brush, don't melt away these shoes with boiled water, and do not use washing detergent and alkaline cleaning fluid to clean it in the same time.

    Feel free to surf to my web-site: ルイヴィトン 公式

    ReplyDelete
  6. I comment eаch tіme I appreсiate a poѕt οn a ѕіtе or if Ι
    haѵe somеthing to add to the discussion.
    It’s caused by the sіncеrness ԁiѕplayeԁ in the artiсlе I bгoωsed.
    And аfter this post Queen Οf Charms

    Visit my blog; gardening

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...